Thursday, March 15, 2012

  • To Love for Love itself

    I grew up as the second child in my family.Born after my beautiful n smart sister who has all the gift as being the frist born it was not a strange thing if i then run after my sis in all the aspects of our life. But that didnt happen to meCool Why? simply because i am living in a household where my parents and grandparents love me for being me. yeap thats really cool!! i dont have to be the number one in everything or have to be better than anyone else. I just need to be the kind i am, and i am loved!!

    Why am i bragging about this?? because lately i have been asking myself all over about the reason why we have to stand up for others. I found it weird that people have the symphaty for those in Lebanon because they are Muslims. So am i not allowed to help them? am i not allowed to show them my symphaty just because i am not a muslim?? thats strange!!! OK!! thats not all of it. but thats a very simple yet clear way to show it. But there are many other things and many other times when we do something because of a reason because of this and that.

    So, my question is simple can we not do anything without expecting this and that in return? Can we not do anything simply because we want to do it? not because we have to do it, not because we know them. Not for any reason but we WANT TO.

    Can we not love someone, something for no reason. Not because they are near and dear. Not because they are kind to us, not because we need it but simply out of love itself? that we want to take it into our heart, that we love it for no reason but the loving heart that has been granted in each of us??

    Medan, January 10, 2009 
    Sylvia Sipayung
    to Love...to Act

     

No comments:

Post a Comment